Monday, August 6, 2007

Big Games = No Beuno

Ok, suffice to what I said in the previous post, I will not continue the review on Freespace 2. It was because of this game that I decided I would forgo any large titles that I come across, as it is not really conductive to updating my blog as often as I want to.

SO! I will conclude here that Freespace 2 is really good, though the controls are a bit to obtuse, even to change. As such, I give it an 8 out of 10. Gametap says 9.3 out of 10.

Deleted cause I wish to save space.

25 out of now 975 games complete.

So, I will now give you more reviews of smaller games.

The Wheel givith!

SimPark

First off, I am, as most people are, a big fan of everything Maxis and more importantly, Will Wright. But, the sad thing is, after Maxis was bought by EA, the once might name of Sim had begun to be whored out to every extent. Some of them, admittedly, were decent, such as SimTower, or to a lesser extent, SimAnt, but the majority of them were pretty bad. SimPark is one of those bad ones.

I was offset from the very beginning when I was greeted with one of those horrible PC animations from the mid 90's, where the characters seem to move awkwardly and just very unnaturally.


If that wasn't bad enough, the darn game crashed the first three times trying to start a new park. After finally getting in, I found the game to be somewhat fun, if not just a sparse version of SimCity, which makes sense, considering it is made under the Maxis Kids brand name. So you start off with a certain set of cash, and go on to create a good equilibr
ium within the park. All the same concepts seen in the big hitter, but just watered down to a fairly un-enenjoyable version. Give it a whirl if you have a kid, as usual.

Gametap says 5.5, I say 4.
Deleted.
26 out of 975 games complete.

I must say, the Wheel likes me today, this is just funny.

Pong

I really found this funny. The game is 0.000 MBs large by Gametap's count. I basically pressed the download button, and it was down.

I thought I would take a screenshot just for humour reasons. I mean, who doesn't know Pong?

I promised myself I wouldn't do this with a review, but really, do I have a choice? It's Pong, and noting more.

Go play it with someone, it's still fun.

Gametap says 7.0, I also say 7.0. And I won't delete it. I mean come on. 0.000 MBs.

27 out of 975 games complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a review of all the games! Large or Small. Even if you spend longer on the review. It's not like you will ever play every single Game on GameTap anyway. It should be about fun, not work! You're not racing anybody to finish these are you? So-what if you've only finished the first 100 by the end of the year?

XyzzySqrl said...

I agree. Long is good! We like long!